- 1 tbsp (15ml) oil
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 king oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 7–8 enoki mushrooms
- 3–4 oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp (45ml) soy sauce
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45ml) water
- 1 piece (around 150g) of fried tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- optional: 1 tsp sriracha if you want it spicier
- Heat the oil in a small clay pot over medium heat. Once hot, add the green onion, shallot, and sautée for about 3 minutes, or until shallots are soft.
- Add the mushrooms and sautée for 7-8 minutes or until mushrooms are soft and cooked. Next, add the soy sauce, coconut sugar, ground black pepper, water, and tofu. Optionally, you can add the sriracha if you want it quite spicy.
- Bring to a simmer and let simmer uncovered for about 7 minutes, or until the sauce has reduced by about half. The tofu and mushrooms will soak up the sauce, making them sweet and salty.
- Serve immediately on top of rice, quinoa, or noodles! This braised tofu and mushroom clay pot will keep for up to two days in the fridge.
You don’t have to find these exact mushrooms, just go with your favorite ones or what you have on hand!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 10.9g
- Fat: 10.8g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 13g