- 1 cup light spelt flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar (can substitute with coconut sugar or muscovado)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Slowly pour milk into the dry ingredients and mix well. Add the oil and mix until combined.
- Transfer the batter to a pastry bag fitted with a 1/4-inch round tip.
- Holding the bag vertically, close to the baking sheet, pipe 1/4-inch balls, leaving some space between each. Use a wet knife to cut each ball. This step will take you some time.
- Depending on your baking sheets size, you will have to make between 2 and 3 batches.
- Bake for about 14 minutes, depending on the size of your cereals. Let cool for 5 minutes and remove from the baking sheet.
- Store in a airtight container. Cereals will stay fresh for easily 1 month.
Light spelt flour can be replaced with all-purpose, whole-wheat flour or another type of flour. The amount of liquid might be adjusted depending on how much liquid the flour is absorbing. Add 2 tbsp flour if using all-purpose flour.