- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup green lentils
- 1 cup pure tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp sriracha, or more to taste
- olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup non-dairy yogurt
- 1/8 tsp salt
- water to thin out
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and brush the sweet potatoes, pat them dry with a dish towel.
- Prick each potato a few times with a knife and wrap each one loosely with foil.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 1 hour, or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and garlic and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring from time to time to prevent the onions from burning.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, maple syrup, mustard, liquid smoke, smoked paprika, salt and lentils.
- Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for about 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sriracha, to taste.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven, and slice them lengthwise down the center. Expand the sides a little bit and top with about 1/3 cup of the bbq lentils. Drizzle with tahini sauce.
- Serve hot with a salad.
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Add more water if needed to thin out.
The nutritional information is based on one medium sweet potato (225g) and about 1/3 cup of green bbq lentils.
- Serving Size: 1 (without tahini dressing)
- Calories: 380
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 83g
- Fiber: 18g
- Protein: 11g