- 8 wooden skewers
- 8-ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 medium zuchinni
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/4 tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Drain the tofu and wrap it in paper towels, squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes. Add it to the bowl and toss gently.
- Cover and let the tofu marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash the eggplant, zuchinni and red bell pepper and cut them into thick 1-inch square slices.
- Thread the marinated tofu, red bell pepper, zuchinni and eggplant slices onto the wooden skewers, alternating each item. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a grill or plancha and grill the skewers on all sides until the tofu is golden brown and the vegetables softer. You can add a drizzle of soy sauce when they cook to help the tofu caramelize.
- Serve with brown rice, salad, chips, etc.
If you don’t have a grill, you can also cook the skewers in a large skillet.
- Serving Size: 2 Skewers
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 7.3g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Protein: 8.8g