These stir fry noodles are coated with a thick and rich sauce made of vegan oyster sauce. It's super saucy, a bit sweet, spicy, garlicky, and packed with umami. What else can you ask for?
Once you have tried these noodles, you will never order takeout again!
This dish comes together super quickly, you just need vegan oyster sauce (store-bought or homemade), veggies, and noodles. I usually always have vegan oyster sauce on hand as it keep a long time and is great to add extra flavor to most dishes, especially noodles and stir fries.
If you want to make your own vegan oyster sauce, I just released a recipe that you can find here!
When it comes to veggies, there are no rules, just use what you have on hand. Here I went with carrots, red bell pepper, snow peas, and mushrooms. This recipe is a great way to use leftover vegetables, you can use pak choi, spinach, zucchini, broccoli, etc.
Sauté your vegetables for a few minutes or until just cooked, then add the cooked noodles, the sauce, and stir to coat.
This dish comes together in less than 20 minutes, it's easy, super saucy and loaded with umami! It's one of my favorite last-minute dish and everyone loves it!
Let me know in the comments if you try this recipe!
15-Minute Saucy Stir Fry Noodles
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- ¼ chili (optional) minced
- ½ carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 bell pepper (I used half of a red and half of a yellow) cut into strips
- 3-4 mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup of your favorite greens (snow peas, spinach, pak choi, zucchini etc)
- 3.5 ounces dry noodles
- ¼ cup vegan oyster sauce homemade or store-bought
- 2 tablespoon of the noodles cooking water
- optional: toasted sesame seeds, lime juice
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet. Once hot, add the minced garlic, shallot, green onions, and ginger. Sautée for about 3 minutes.
- Next, add the carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, and your favorite green vegetables, and sautée for another 5 minutes, or until carrots are tender but still a little bit crunchy.
- In the meantime, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the noodles and cook according to the package instructions. Add the vegan oyster sauce to a small bowl and dilute it with 2 tablespoon of the noodles cooking water.
- Drain the noodles and add to the skillet with the vegetables. Add the oyster sauce and stir to coat. Cook for one more minute and serve.
- Serve topped with toasted sesame seeds, a squeeze of lime and chopped cilantro!