- 3 cups (180g) lightly packed kale
- 2 cups (100g) grated carrots
- 2 tbsp (30ml) lime juice (or white vinegar)
- 1 tbsp (15ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15ml) maple syrup
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- for topping: fried onions, roasted cashews
- Roughly chop the kale and add to a large mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt (and optionally 1 teaspoon of oil) and massage the kale for a about one minute, or until it turns darker and becomes tender.
- Add the grated carrots to the bowl and stir to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, maple syrup, and grated ginger. Pour in the dressing into the bowl and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately or let it chill for about 1 hour in the refrigerator. Top with crunchy fried onions or shallots, and/or roasted cashews!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 95
- Sugar: 8.6g
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21.6g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Protein: 3.6g