Fall is here and we are all craving comforting, hearty meals that we can enjoy by the fireplace, or while watching Netflix. The stick-to-your-ribs kind of meals if you know what I mean. Here are 10 of my favorite fall recipes that can be served in bowls.
From top left to bottom right:
2. Roasted Pumpkin Jackfruit Curry – What better way to use pumpkin than in a cozy curry? Tender jackfruit is cooked with roasted pumpkin chunks and served with a creamy pumpkin sauce infused with spices.
3. Vegan Tofu Borsch – Borsch is a Russian beetroot stew that is traditionally served in the winter. This recipe also includes toppings like marinated tofu and cashew sour cream.
4. Curried Spinach Soup with Cashew Tempeh – A thick spinach soup that is loaded with Thai flavors, and served with marinated cashew tempeh. Slightly spicy, very comforting.
5. BBQ Lentil Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – These roasted sweet potatoes are filled with smoky barbecue lentils and drizzled with yogurt tahini sauce. And it can be served in bowls too!
6. Cashew Buckwheat Curry with Garlic Kale – This flavorful curry is insanely creamy thanks to the addition of coconut milk. Buckwheat groats add an interesting chewy texture to it. Comfort food at its best!
7. Sweet Potato Quinoa Köfte – Crispy on the outside, extra soft on the inside, these sweet potato and quinoa balls are served with a tahini mint sauce on the side.
8. Enchilada Power Bowls with Spicy Tofu – One of my most popular recipe, these hearty bowls contain brown rice, black beans, and lentils that are coated with a deliciously spicy enchilada sauce.
9. Masala Chickpea Buddha Bowl – Another Indian-inspired dish! Chickpeas cooked in a delightful masala sauce, with sautéed garlic spinach and quinoa. Healthy and packed with protein.
10. Fall Forest Salad – Because salads are not only for summer, this one combines all the flavors of fall like chestnuts, orange, cranberries, pecans and more.