- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 and 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup raw buckwheat
- 2 cups greens (kale, baby spinach, etc), finely cut
- 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp chopped almonds, pecans or cashews
- 1/3 cup vegan pesto
- 1/3 cup non-dairy yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Wash the potato and cut it into cubes, or matchsticks. Spread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with rosemary and salt.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft and start to brown. Set aside.
- In the meantime, add the water and salt to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the buckwheat and let simmer uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until the buckwheat is cooked. Drain excess water if needed. Rinse under cold water to stop the cooking process and cool the buckwheat.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the roasted sweet potato, kale (see notes), sunflower seeds, blueberries and chopped almonds. Add the dressing and mix until everything is coated with the sauce.
- Chill in the refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving. It will keep in the fridge for 5 days.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl, taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
If using kale, thinly slice it. Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Massage for 20-30 seconds, until it starts to soften and becomes darker. This step will make the kale more tender.
- Serving Size: 1 (with dressing)
- Calories: 379
- Sugar: 4.7g
- Fat: 17.5g
- Carbohydrates: 52.1g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Protein: 14g