- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to the package instructions (around 7-10 minutes for brown rice spaghetti).
- In the meantime, heat the sesame oil, maple syrup and soy sauce in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the whole mushrooms and cook, stirring regularly until they become soft and start to brown, about 5-7 minutes. Make sure to flip them from time to time so they cook uniformly.
- Add the carrots to the skillet and cook for another 3-4 minutes, you don’t want to cook for too long to keep them slightly crunchy.
- Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with mushrooms and carrots. Toss to coat and cook for another 3-4 minutes, I like when the noodles just start to stick to the skillet and caramelize. Stir in the white rice vinegar, toss again and taste to adjust the seasonings if needed, adding more soy sauce for saltiness.
- Divide into bowls, top with fresh chopped green onions and enjoy as is, or with a salad on the side.
- It will keep for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
For garlic lovers: Finely chop one clove of garlic and add it to the skillet just after adding the carrots.
I like to keep the mushrooms whole, but you can slice them if you prefer.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 58.3g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Protein: 8.7g