Salted Caramel Filling
- 1/4 cup almond butter (or cashew butter)
- 1 tbsp melted cocoa butter (or coconut oil)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds (or ground chia seeds)
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp mashed banana (about 1/4 of banana)
Salted Caramel Filling
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Dollop about 1 tbsp of the salted caramel onto the baking sheet. Spread a little bit to make a disc. You should make about 6 discs.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for at least 1 hour. Always keep the frozen caramel discs in the freezer and remove from the freezer just before using.
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and whisk until well combined. Let sit about 5 minutes, the batter will thicken due to the addition of ground chia seeds.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Remove excess oil using a paper towel.
- Take 2 discs of salted caramel out of the freezer. Dollop about 1 tablespoon of the pancake batter into the skillet, press down a disc of caramel in the center of the pancake and cover with more batter, starting from the edges to the center. Repeat with the other pancake. (I prefer to work with only two pancakes at a time. Always keep the remaining caramel discs in the freezer, otherwise, they will soften very quickly at room temperature.)
- Cook for about 2 minutes before carefully flipping. Cook the other side for around 1 minute.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and caramel discs. Serve warm, topped with banana and/or melted chocolate.
For a more stretchy caramel, you can add 2 teaspoons brown rice syrup to the caramel filling.
This recipe serves 2 people. Nutritional information includes the salted caramel filling.
Stuffed pancakes inspired by Recipe Tin Eats.
- Serving Size: 3 Pancakes
- Calories: 369
- Sugar: 30.2g
- Fat: 15.1g
- Carbohydrates: 55.1g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 6.5g