- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 3 spring roll rice paper wrappers
- 3 ounces soba noodles
- 2 ounces smoked tofu, cut into thin stripes
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 3 tbsp roasted peanuts
- A handful of spinach, washed
- Black and white sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Add the carrot matchsticks and cook for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and ginger. Add carrots, cover and refrigerate for at least one hour, overnight is best.
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package directions.
- Make sure all the other ingredients are ready.
- Heat a large pot of water over medium heat until warm.
- Working with one rice paper wrapper at a time, gently immerse the wrapper in the water until soft, about 10-15 seconds. Remove the wrapper from the water and let excess water drip off.
- Lay the wrapper on a work surface (silpat, cutting board, etc).
- Arrange 3-4 spinach leaves in the bottom of the rice paper wrapper, leaving about 1-inch border along edge. Top with 1/3 of the soba noodles, 6-8 carrot matchsticks and 6 tofu stripes.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of almond butter on top and 1 tablespoon of roasted peanuts.
- Fold the bottom half of the rice paper over the filling. Holding the whole filling very tightly, continue to roll the wrapper from the bottom to the top.
- Repeat with the two remaining rice paper wrappers.
- Cut the edges to make the filling visible, and cut each roll in half to get 6 small rolls.
- Sprinkle with black and white sesame seeds.
- Arrange the rolls on a plate, making sure they are not touching each other or they might stick together. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve fresh with the ponzu sauce.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of the recipe (2 Rolls)
- Calories: 314
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 14.7g
- Carbohydrates: 35.3g
- Protein: 12.7g