It’s the final stretch before Christmas and if you are like me, I’m sure many of you are still looking for gifts. We are often busy at this time of the year, between preparing the menu for Christmas eve, finding decorations for the table, and dealing with work, we usually have little time to think of gift ideas.
Since most plant-based, vegans love to cook I thought it would handy to make a list of useful tools. I use most of these items on a daily basis.
Here are some ideas for vegan cooks:
1. Cake Pan Set: I like to have many sizes of square cake pan, I usually use the big one when making brownies or cakes and the smaller ones for granola or protein bars.
2. Garlic Chopper: A cheap tool that will be your next best friend for chopping garlic and ginger.
3. Shun Chef’s Knife: While this might be an expensive gift it’s also a durable one, I own this knife and it’s the best I have ever used, it’s so sharp you don’t even need to press when cutting vegetables. It has a lifetime warranty and they will sharpen your knife for free (you just have to pay for the shipping). It’s a beautiful item, the handle is made with glossy wood and the blade has that cool-looking damascus finish. Don’t forget to offer a box of bandages to go with it.
4. Bamboo Cutting Board: An essential tool that should be in every kitchen, this bamboo cutting board set comes in three different sizes. Even if you have a marble countertop, it’s recommended to use a cutting board to prevent damaging knife blades (and your countertop!)
5. Dutch Oven: Great to cook baked beans, soups, curries, mac and cheese, or even bread! This is the perfect pot for slow cooking, make sure to season it regularly to prevent food from sticking to the bottom.
6. Tofu Press: If you don’t like soggy tofu, this tofu press will make your tofu firmer in just a few minutes, very useful when you are making a lot of stir-fries or sautéed tofu.
8. Raw cashews: Because you never have too much cashews, whether it is to make aged camembert cheese, cheesecake, parmesan, cashew butter or just to eat as a snack, cashews are so versatile I always have a big container on the counter.
9. Oh She Glows Everyday Cookbook: This is the latest book I bought and every recipe I have made so far turned out great! I already had Angela’s first cookbook, and this one is as good as the first one. It’s full of delicious, healthy and easy-to-make recipes that come with beautiful photography and clear instructions.
10. Nut Milk Bag: Another essential for vegans who like to make everything from scratch, I’m not sure what I would do if I didn’t have mine. Make your own almond, cashew or even hazelnut milk with this fine mesh bag. You can also use it to remove excess moisture when making cashew cheese. Did you know you can even make cold brew coffee with a nut milk bag? I definitely need to try this.
Disclaimer: All the opinions about the products I’m promoting here are my own and I’m not affiliated with any of the company making these products. This post contains affiliate links though, which allows me to keep this blog running.